Sunday, February 21, 2016

Alexander McQueen Fall 2016

Flowers. Butterflies. Stars. Moons. Unicorns. A sort of ethereal show took place today in London's Lawrence Hall. Sarah Burton, the designer & creative director behind McQueen since 2010, stayed true to the labels way of effortlessly combining opposing elements. A tulle skirt with a leather jacket, dainty lace under structured suit jackets, & butterflies embroidered onto leather are just a few examples.

My favorite gown is the one pictured first and below are some amazing detailed shots from Voguerunway.com. 

That effortless combo of soft meets hard. I adore the pins on the jacket, especially the evil eye one.
Beautiful shoes. I will definitely be looking out for these come Fall '16.
A closer shot of the cropped leather 
A close up view of my favorite piece
An insane amount of work had to go into this
I can't wait to incorporate this look into one of my OOTD's
The way the butterflies are placed on the leather is breathtaking
I can see so many It-Girls dying to wear this
Another blazer layered over lace 
Absolutely gorgeous sheer piece here
An actual UNICORN
Evil eyes, pearls, starfish?
Here is the blush color I have been digging lately - glad to see it will be sticking around for Fall
Stunning layers of lace
All photos from VogueRunway.com

Can't wait until Fall '16 hits the stores? Shop looks similar to Alexander McQueen now:



2 comments: