Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Lace, Frayed, & Vintage

I feel like my personal style is always evolving and I always like to try new things. I am usually one to try out a trend if I feel it fits into my personal style nicely, although I will say I used to be a lot more loud and flashy in the way I dressed. I guess I was more willing to try new things while I was still figuring out my personal style. Now, I have a better handle on what I like, what I don't like, what I  feel is flattering on me, and what is definitely not. Something I have found out since starting my blog is that sometimes you think something is flattering on you, then you see it in a picture...and yeah, not so much. Anyhow, point of the story is - I still like to try new things. 

I have seen many a fashion girl rock the frayed bottom jeans now and although I guess the trend might be waning off a bit already I really thought these were the perfect jeans to give it a go. I mean, other than the frayed bottoms they fit pretty much like many of my other jeans do. Which is why I though the would be the perfect jeans to incorporate that frayed edge with, rather than some of the wide leg options that are out there. Don't get me wrong, I love the wide leg cropped jeans with the frayed bottoms but, back to that knowing what isn't flattering on you thing, me and wide leg crops don't really mix all that well.

Oh, and the shoes I got at the thrift store literally the same day we shot these photos, which was yesterday (Monday). I had the day off due to President's Day and spent some time checking out thrift stores which is something I love to do. The shoes are vintage CK, thinking they are probably from the late 90's sometime, but they are in excellent condition and I think they are pretty rad. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea but I love finding unique items that still speak to my personal style. These shoes give me Kate Moss in her silk slip dress vibes.

xx


Top - Zara / Similar Below
Jeans - Zara / Similar Below
Shoes - Vintage / Similar Below


5 comments:

  1. Love your style! Great look with the jeans and white lace.

    AGNESE from www.theblogness.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was open to trying new things, I like to play safe with my style. I am not really sure about the shoes (like you said not everyone's cup of tea) but I really like the outfit! This lace top looks chic, it is a versatile piece. xx

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be my fave outfit of yours! I love the lace top with the black bra and the frayed jeans. So on trend mixing vintage with a slight rock n roll vibe.

    coffeeslag

    COFFEESLAG Winter Coat OOTD

    ReplyDelete
  4. bebe coupon
    Vintage, lack, jeans; all great things under one look :)

    ReplyDelete