Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday's are for Beach Days

 Fridays are for skipping work and spending them on the beach right? Ha, I wish! Last night after work the weather was so beautiful and I had the opportunity to romp around at the beach. Where I live we have an area called Sunset Cliffs and there are all these amazing little, almost private, beaches. This is where I like to go to clear my mind and just be reminded how much beauty really surrounds us.

 For all of you in the Midwest or on the East Coast & freezing your bums off, now is the perfect time to plan a warm getaway! Or, for those of you living in warmer climates, beach days are always a great way to relax, am I right? Follow my guide below for all the items you need to be beach ready in no-time!

1. An oversized throw and/or towel – They have the cutest beach throws out everywhere right now and I just adore the ones with fun prints and tassels on the end. I always like to layer a large comfy beach towel over top! Also, if you don’t want to go buy something just for the beach why not use a large sheet you have at home? They are usually the perfect size and do the trick!

2. A hat – Of course, no beach day would be complete without a hat. The one I am wearing here is sold out, but I am also on the hunt for the perfect straw hat for summer. I have provided some of my favorites below.

3. Sunscreen – Okay sun goddesses, this one is for you too! I am naturally kind of pale so I like to use a high number sunscreen on my face & chest especially. As we get older these things become all that more important. The sun may cause a nice glow for the time being but causes age spots, wrinkles, and skin cancer later on – definitely not attractive! Full disclosure – I used to never want to use sunscreen & am definitely dealing with the repercussions now, I am telling you use it when you are young if you aren’t already.

4. A book or Magazine – This is a no brainier right? Well I guess if you are going with a group of people you may not need this but if you are going solo or going to be relaxing and not talking much this will be crucial. I always enjoy a light hearted, easy read while at the beach.

5. A cute beach tote – Who doesn’t love a cute beach tote? It definitely has to be big enough to toss in your blanket, towels, books, etc. I also need something with a few separate zip pouches on the inside to put your keys, wallet, phone etc. It’s the worst when you have to dig to the bottom of your beach tote to find your phone and it’s covered in sand.

6. Sunnies – This one is a for sure no brainer. You definitely have to always have sunnies in tow rain or shine but I love to wear a fabulous fun pair of sunglasses when I head down to the beach. I am somewhat obsessing over these Fendi ones right now, I get an old Hollywood glam vibe from them.

7. Water Bottle – Staying hydrated is always a crucial part of any outdoor activity. Even if you are just lounging on the sand you might get a lil’ thirsty. I like to bring a water bottle that keeps my water cool for those really hot days! This is a great one and cute too!

Shop to get beach ready below!


Swimsuit- TRIANGL
Shorts- Levis

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for summer, it has been so cold and I really miss the beach days. You're lucky to have a place like that close to you! All these things are my beach essentials too, if I don't apply sunscreen, I will end up looking like a tomato (it happened!). Your bikini looks fab, love the style! xx

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous swimsuit. I miss the summer too. Wish I could move close to the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a book and some water and I always have to have snacks too haha. Love the bikini!

    COFFEESLAG Winter Coat OOTD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous look babe!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete