Friday, January 1, 2016

Stepping Into a New Year

New year, new you? January 1st, 2016 - the beginning of a brand new year. A fresh start. A time to reinvent. For many of us this is true, and for others not so much. 

I won't bore you with too much goal-setting, personal growth talk but instead share a bit about my fashion goals/resolutions for 2016. I plan to step out of my comfort zone a bit more, spend less $ on fast-fashion and trend items, invest in well made pieces (clothing & jewelry alike), get more things tailored to my body, and really just define my personal style a bit more. 

I think by not stepping into Zara, H&M, and F21 to scoop up ten quick items I might be able to save money to invest in pieces I will get more long-term wear out of and that really speak to my personal style rather than just the trend of the moment. 

Some of the things I am wearing in this post are items that have actually become staples in my wardrobe. I am sure you have seen the sunglasses I am wearing here before, these round ray-bans were something I wanted for a long time and so glad I decided to purchase them! I love the vibe they can add to any outfit! 

Also, the faux leather pants by Blank NYC I am wearing have been a wardrobe staple for over a year now- eeek! time for new ones?! Also, my handbag was a larger purchase but something I have found I can wear with many different outfits. Generally I go for a black bag, but getting this Chloe Drew in the taupe color has proven to be even more versatile than black. Being that I can wear it with whites, tans, and blacks.

What are some of your new years fashion resolutions?

xx

[shop the look below]

Sweater- Haute Hippie also, here in off-white --Both on SALE!
Pants- Blank NYC
Shoes- Zara, Similar Here (splurge YSL) or Here (Save)
Hat- Banana Republic, Similar Here or Here
Sunglasses- Ray-ban
Bag- Chloe
Bracelet & Rings- Love Tatum


4 comments:

  1. LOVE the sweater, remind me of an Elizabeth & James one I saw that I fell in love with (but was way too $$$). I had those goals last year and kind of stuck close to it; this was the year I stopped buying H&M and Forever 21 and was finally able to afford GOOD bags. I think this year I'll go even more into it and go from upgrading bags/shoes to upgrading clothes! Good luck and Happy New YEAR!!

    coffeeslag

    COFFEESLAG Ditto Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fashion goals are to try out pieces I haven't yet worn before or try and restyle items in my wardobe that I have only worn once. Also to save money for experiences not things I don't need.

    Isobel x
    New Post - http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/beauty-make-up-revolution-salvation.html
    Blog - http://www.fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk
    Instagram - https://instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Bloglovin' - https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionistachic14-12984939

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this super chic look! Happy New Year!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a chic outfit!! Love that sweater so much!!

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete