Thursday, January 14, 2016

Denim + Heels

Pairing a great pair of denim with some heels (or a great pair of heels with some denim) is a combo I could go for everyday. Although I appreciate the women who can wear the full skirts and dresses with their heels on the daily I just find it so hard to put that on some mornings. Most mornings I really just want to slip into some comfy denim and sneakers so the fact I am even getting into heels in the morning is a big step for me. 

Speaking of denim, I have been on the hunt for THE perfect pair of vintage (or vintage-like) denim for quite some time now. Awhile back I ordered an amazing pair from Re/Done however after having them for awhile I realized they were too big on me. In hopes of finding them a new home I posted them on eBay. And they sold like a hotcake, so fast and tons of bids. 

Now, I was on my way out of town so I packed them up nicely, printed my shipping label, and dropped them off at the post office. A week later while out shopping in NYC I got an email from the buyer saying she hadn't received them [whhhhhaaat?!?]. We checked the tracking # and nothing. It was if they never been shipped out! 

After months of going back and forth with the post office they had nothing for me. Because on my previous visits they had always encouraged me to just drop off pre-labelled items on the counter I had been doing so for months. Anyhow, long story short, they were never found. So not only was I out the original amount I paid for them but I had to also reimburse the buyer from eBay who never received her purchase. Super sad. So now you can see why I have hesitation to purchase another pair! It's like...I've already invested SO much money into a pair I don't even have anymore. 

What do you think? Should I re-buy them in my size or stick to scouring the thrift stores in hopes of finding something that'll fit me? 

xx

[shop the look below]

Bag in 1st photo- Leoluca Handbags
Top- Hinge (on Sale, linked below)
Jeans- Topshop (linked below)
Shoes- Aldo (Sold Out, Similar styles linked below)
Jacket- Vintage
Sunglasses- YSL (linked below)

5 comments:

  1. OMG your story is one of my biggest fears! I have a Saint Laurent bag on sale on a few of those apps (Poshmark/Depop) and I'm scared of someone buying them, getting them shipped out and then getting lost somewhere in the mail! My post office is just like yours, they encourage you to just leave your package on the desk for the guy to sort out. This actually happened once with a For Love and Lemons dress I returned to Nasty Gal. They never received it and had to file a claim with UPS. They ended up never finding it but luckily UPS refunded me my purchase. That's the one thing that sucks about online buying/selling :( I hope you have better luck with other purchases!! I hear Paypal is awesome with getting your money back if anything happens.

    coffeeslag

    COFFEESLAG What I Keep In My Car

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the mornings I feel the same way, I just want to be as comfortable as possible and when I wear high heels, I won't ever get that comfy feeling. Sorry to hear that the jeans were lost, I had a similar experience before... more than once so yeah I know how it feels. I really like your outfit, you look look gorgeous! x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your jeans were lost!! It's rare so I would just buy them again. Amazing look here!!

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your jacket is so like the balmain one! I love the detail within your top, it's so pretty! I also love how you've added your heels, they make the outfit look so chic! :D

    Isobel x
    New Post - http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/fashion-boyfriend-jeans.html
    GIVEAWAY - http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/fashion-znu-white-out-wishlist-giveaway.html
    Blog - http://www.fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk
    Instagram - https://instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Bloglovin' - https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionistachic14-12984939

    ReplyDelete