Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Flirting with Winter


Somehow I feel like it is almost Summer and then I very quickly get reminded that nope, we are still in January. Granted I am in Southern California and am not dealing with Winter Storm Juno 2016 but you know, it was like in the 50's this morning and all. 

I guess you could say we just get the chance to flirt with Winter here in SoCal. We get to buy our big jackets and scarves and gloves, etc. But we don't really have to wear them all day long or every time we step outside. We get to layer on our jackets and scarves and then peel the layers off as the day goes on and the sun comes out. I can't say I mind that at all. Although sometimes I find myself craving the beautiful crispness of a fresh snowfall I am constantly cold so snow doesn't really work well with me.

Because of how the days usually start off cool and end up somewhat on the warmer side I find myself layering large coats over skirts and bare legs. It is kind of a different look for many who aren't able to rock bare legs during this time of year but it is something I find myself doing more often than not. I guess I will enjoy it while I can! Hope the rest of you are staying cozy & warm today!

xx

p.s. This coat is under $100 and there are a few left! Shop it here: camel coat


Bag- Leoluca
Skirt- Vintage (similar below)
Jacket- Forever 21- Almost sold out! (Similar below as well!)
Hat- Nordstrom
Sunglasses- Urban Outfitters (linked below)
Shoes- Zara (Similar creepers linked below)
Top- Free People (linked below)

3 comments:

  1. Cute outfit and love your shoes! I've been wanting a proper snowfall here in the UK as an excuse to be extremely wrapped up as I love layering, but the weather hasn't been cold enough for it :( luckily I can do that during my trip to Iceland though! Yay! :D Have lovely day! :D

    Isobel x
    New Post - http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/fashion-boyfriend-jeans.html
    GIVEAWAY - http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/fashion-znu-white-out-wishlist-giveaway.html
    Blog - http://www.fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk
    Instagram - https://instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Bloglovin' - https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionistachic14-12984939

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit. Black skirt and white shirt looks amazing on you. Love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute outfit and I LOVE the black piping on the jacket. I love that the ratings are pretty high for it on F21 also; I really read their ratings when I buy online since a lot of their stuff can be iffy. Thank you!

    coffeeslag

    COFFEESLAG Current Healthy Habits

    ReplyDelete