Monday, November 23, 2015

//UNEXPECTED PAIRINGS//

Adding a little coziness to my Monday look....
A comfy knit, ripped jeans, and of course my favorite lace-up flats. Pairing black and navy blue together isn't for everyone but lately it is something I love to do. I used to feel it was a big no-no but more and more I find myself throwing on a navy top and black bottoms. Maybe that's because I own so much black though- oops!

The key to pairing these two like colors together is to find pieces that have different textures, patterns, or are made of different materials. Try pairing a silk navy tank with a black necktie, choker, or scarf and maybe throw a gray wool coat over top. This helps to bring added dimension and seems like it is more on purpose rather than you got dressed in the dark!

xx

Shop the look below

Fan Necklace- Love Tatum
Bag- Leoluca

6 comments:

  1. OMG I remember when I was younger and one of the cardinal no no's was pairing navy and black. Like, it was the biggest no no but I actually love the combo together! I generally do all black and then maybe a navy top, it's a nice way to break up all the black but still keep that dark color palette.

    - nico

    coffeeslag

    COFFEESLAG Friday Night at K'OOK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you played with layers here! I absolutely LOVE the ripped black skinny jeans and lace up flats. It's a good combination for sure :) Hope your weekend was good!

    -Rachel
    www.blonderhombus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sporty chic look!! Your fringe bag is so cute!!

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get myself laced up flats, they look so pretty! Comfy knits and jeans are my favourites x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think navy and black go together pretty well and your outfit is just something I'd so wanna wear myself! Even the fringe bag which I'm not usually inclined to favor but yours look so sleek. And I think I'm in love with your navy knit, hehe :D xx

    Shanaz | Fashionista NOW

    ReplyDelete