Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Shop the trend // OTK Boots

One trend that I cannot get enough of right now are over the knee boots. They seriously go with everything from feminine floral dresses to skinny jeans with a chunky knit.

If you are a little hesitant about trying this style, I would recommend snagging a pair without a heel. After you get comfortable wearing the flat version of these boots you can move onto something with a little added height. Right now, that is where I am at in my OTK boot journey. I started off with the Stuart Weitzman 'lowland' boots last winter and I have been wearing them so much lately, sometimes I have to make it a point to not wear them.

Click through to shop my top picks...

Oh, and for reference, I am on the short side. Coming it at 5 feet and 2 inches (and 3/4") tall! So I will tell you that being short was one of my biggest concerns when I was first considering these boots. I thought they would literally come up to my hips and swallow me whole. They actually had the opposite effect on me- I felt they elongated my legs a bit.

Shop some of my favorite pairs right now below - I've included pairs for every budget too!

P.S. visit the blog tomorrow to see how I styled my OTK boots most recently!

xx


3 comments:

  1. Haha, that's so funny you mentioned that but I was debating getting the SW boots but in the heel first! Although I know I should probably get the low ones (heels & me, not the best mix!) but the Highland looks so gorgeous! I had to debate the cost per wear value of it. For boots that are over $700, I would need to wear it quite a few times in order to break even haha. So it would be forcing me to wear them more often!

    (I love the Free People pair you shared!)

    coffeeslag

    COFFEESLAG Sephora VIB Sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots!
    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Jeffery Campbell boots, the brown colour is great and I was thinking about buying a pair of knee high boots. I used to wear them a lot when I was younger but now I tend to opt for ankle boots.

    Some great choices here! www.shehearts.net xx

    ReplyDelete