Monday, August 1, 2016

Maternity Style Roundup

Any woman who has been pregnant before knows the struggle of finding clothes that still fit your body, are affordable, and most of all - are comfortable. As your belly starts to grow the LAST thing you want is to feel constricted in any way or to be wearing an itchy top in the heat of the summer. Or, worse - to be stuffed into your old clothes trying to make it work but really unable to breathe. I have always been on the smaller side so a lot of people scoff at me when I talk about gaining weight during pregnancy. But the truth is, it doesn't matter what size you are - your body is changing, and therefore you have to find clothes to make you feel comfortable AND confident. 

Now that I am halfway through - 20 weeks TODAY - I have rounded up some of my favorite maternity (and items that aren't maternity but work) items so you don't have to sacrifice style during this special time. 


These leggings by Ingrid & Isabel are my go-to, been-living-in-everyday, super comfortable, will last the entire pregnancy favorite leggings. I love the zipper detail at the ankle and they are NOT see through on the bum and feel super high quality. These ones from Old Navy look super comfy too! 

I bought this slip dress in white when I was 12 weeks pregnant and it is on sale now for $25.99! They also have the maternity version of the same dress (on sale too!) here and more colors of the same maternity version here.

This striped t-shirt is perfect for the days you want to feel comfortable - I actually wear this out & to sleep in because it is that comfy!

I am somewhat obsessed with denim - denim shirts, dresses, you name it! One of the first maternity items I bought was this denim Maternity dress by Topshop and it is now on sale for $37.50!

A SPLURGE item I purchased were these AG Maternity Skinny Leg Jeans. I actually went a size down (normally a 26 but took a 25 in these). They fit like a dream and I know I will wear them through my entire pregnancy.

This tank dress from Old Navy is perfect for these hot summer months AND on sale for $22.99 right now!

I got this Rails Flannel as a part of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and it is super comfy and roomy - enough to allow for my growing belly! I got it in a size SM.

I got this shirred tank yesterday from Old Navy for $5.99 - such a steal and perfect for layering! 

This off-the-shoulder dress from Azalea SF is perfect to wear as a shirt with a belt over top of it. I wore this out the other night and felt comfortable and chic!

To smooth and lift under fitted dresses I got these secret fit shapers - basically Spanx but way more comfortable - as in you can actually still breathe.

These black skinnies make me feel like I am getting dressed pre-pregnancy. They are super skinny through the leg and are super versatile.

This dress is ADORABLE and would be perfect for my trip to London next week - I am thinking I could pair it with cute sneakers or sandals.

I am also dying for this polka-dot maternity dress that is on sale right now! Perfect for the office or lunches with my girls.

I purchased a version of these leather-looking jeans by Citizen's of Humanity and always feel super edgy and a little more chic when I wear them!

Dying to splurge on these distressed denim jeans which support Christy Burlington Burns and her charity, Every Mother Counts - a non-profit charity dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother.



2 comments:

  1. Materials and cuttings for maternity looks gorgeous, prices are very attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily now there are so many options for pregnant women so they can still look stylish and feel comfortable. Nice picks, I really like the topshop dress. You can even wear it after the pregnancy. x

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete