Wednesday, August 17, 2016

5 Transitional Pieces You Need for Fall

Photo by: Adam Katz Sinding via W Magazine | Fall Street Style

A good fall wardrobe starts with the basics. You want to be able to layer, to mix and match, & to switch things up with ease. You want pieces that all work together and that you can wear in multiple different ways. This really is the basis for a good wardrobe any time of year, but it is especially important for fall because you are constantly layering. I rounded up the top 5 transitional pieces you need for fall below – these will take you from warm to cool weather with ease!

1.      Hats – If you aren’t a hat person, I get it. I used to not be a hat person either. I wanted to be a hat person but just felt like it wasn’t working for me. I eventually found my groove and found hats that worked best for my body head shape. I love using hats to transition your wardrobe to fall! They can add texture and warmth to your outfit depending on the color and material. For fall I would go for a felt fedora in neutral colors like gray, taupe, and burgundy. Oh, and of course olive or that military green color that was huge last season. All of these colors bring WARMTH to the outfit and just really give off a good fall vibe. Shop my favorites here:

2.      Booties – This is a no-brainer, right?! I mean when aren’t booties a good idea? I personally wear them all year round but I love kicking off fall with a great new pair of booties. Especially in taupe. I am obsessed with taupe booties right now which says a lot because usually I am a black and white kind of gal. I think that taupe is an awesome shade to ease into fall with because it looks great with denim and you can also pair it with black without giving off that dark brown and black combo that makes some of us shudder a bit. And again, it brings that warmth factor to the table. Shop my favorites here:

3.       Denim Jackets – I have a serious passion for a good denim jacket. I own probably 3 or 4 and that is after getting rid of a couple. I think having a good denim jacket is essential to any good wardrobe and for the fall season it allows you to keep wearing those cute summer dresses a little longer. Throw your denim jacket over a chic little dress add those taupe booties and hat and you are good to go! Check out my favorites here:

4.       Long Cardigans – Having a good quality cardigan at your fingertips is always a plus. I have been wearing the same one for an embarrassing amount of time and this year I am finally investing in some new ones. I am obsessed with this Acne Studios one from last season but in trying to keep myself on somewhat of a budget, I have found these other ones that give you the same look without breaking the bank:  

5.      Velvet anything – And last but not least, I say what better way to step into fall then by adding a little velvet to your wardrobe?! This is a material that is really hard to wear in those hotter months but makes such a statement for fall! I have always been a huge fan of velvet and I am thrilled to pieces that it is having a moment this fall! Step your fall game up with these velvet pieces:

2 comments:

  1. I seriously cannot wait for fall! It's has to be my all time favourite season as its time for layering and starting to wrap up warm again!

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/fashion-floral-dresses-new-do.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/lmIAtkoZbFU
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice post, we must prepare for the fall. These few pieces of clothing described, they will make a beautiful season!

    ReplyDelete