Thursday, February 26, 2015

| L A C E & S U E D E |

 

There is something irresistible about white lace- and when paired with even more lace and suede OTK boots I am pretty much in my happy place. 
Speaking of happy places, I love nothing more than coming down to the cliffs pictured here. There are so many areas to explore and you can get so close to the crashing waves, it feels exhilarating & refreshing all at the same time. Of course, So-Cal beaches wouldn't be complete with a little graffiti but after living here for so long it tends to just blend into the background beautifully.

I was a bit concerned about purchasing over the knee boots as I am a mere 5'2" I thought it would make me look short & stumpy. However, once I tried these boots on I knew I was in for the long haul. They have a tendency to actually elongate your legs and make them look slimmer while doing so. I definitely recommend trying new proportions and lengths because sometimes you just never know until you try it! Is there anything that you guys have tried and loved?
x










Dress- Free People
Sunnies-Céline
Jacket- Similar here

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit. Awesome boots indeed. I too thought I'd look shorter with over the knee boots since I'm not tall either but it turns out that's not true. For me the key is that the boots shouldn't be very tall. As in they shouldn't completely cover the knee, let alone reach my thigh. I'd look like I'm disappearing in them:)) So yes, you're right, you should always give things a try because... you never know. :)
    xoxo
    http://www.alinasays.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alina! I love messing around with proportions, etc. Sometimes it doesn't come out how I would like but other times I find an entirely new way to wear something. Thanks for your input!

      Delete
  2. Love your Free People dress and how you styled it!!

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jacket xx

    http://www.itssuperfashion.com/2015/03/mfw-fw-15-missguided-coat/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress, beautiful match with the jacket !

    http://www.devoceanswimwear.com

    ReplyDelete