Tuesday, February 3, 2015

| P E R F U M E . P A I R I N G S |



I am not sure if this is normal behavior or not, but I like to pair what perfume I am wearing to my outfit or mood that day – actually I never thought this was odd until my Mom told me I was crazy. Now, to be fair, I do not switch up my perfume everyday as I do have a go-to perfume that I can wear on almost any occasion and feel confident. However, I think it is fun to explore different scents based on how I am feeling that day & what vibe my outfit is giving off! My go-to scent does change from time to time, however I tend to keep the same one going for a year or two before switching it out.

Every-Day Perfume
My current every day go-to scent is Chanel, Chance Eau Tendre- a very feminine scent that brings on loads of compliments! This scent is described to be light, fresh, a bit fruity, with a small trace of jasmine. I find I can wear this scent during the day when I have to go into the office, for meetings, or even for a night out with the girls! It really is a scent that can pair well with any outfit or any mood- that is probably why I have been wearing it for over a year now!

Date-Night Perfume
Now, when I start playing with different scents is when the fun starts! I currently have a BirchBox subscription (they send you a box of beauty samples each month) and recently received the debut scent by Catherine Malandrino, Style de Paris. This scent truly is amazing and alluring to say the least. This is the type of scent you wear when you want to feel sexy- think date night with your significant other! It is a bit playful with hints of orange blossom and ruby red grapefruit and was created to make you feel like a chic Parisian or a New York Socialite. I wear this when going on a romantic date with my boy, or when going to grab drinks at a swanky new club.
  
 Zen Perfume
When I am feeling Zen, or a bit more on the simple side I reach for my Bond No. 9, The Scent of Peace. First of all, I cannot tell you enough how much I adore the Bond No. 9 fragrances. I discovered this brand at my local Nordstrom and fell in love with all of their scents and the brand itself! Originally from NYC (Store location: 9 Bond Street, NY) all of the scents are meant to represent a specific area or moment in Manhattan. I have gone through several of their scents  but currently use The Scent of Peace as my go-to when I want to feel pretty, feminine, and calm. This scent was actually a 2007 fragrance of the year finalist and has hints of grapefruit, black currant, & lilies. Some of my other favorites by Bond No. 9 are The Highline- a very fresh, clean, & floral scent or Madison Square park- another fresh, grassy, floral scent.

Sophisticated Scent
And last but not least, some days I am all about the business. Days like this I tend to reach for something a bit more sophisticated – I don’t want to give off a playful vibe when I am trying to negotiate what I want! The best scent for me on days like this is the Elizabeth & James, Nirvana White. Keep in mind this scent is not for everyone but if you want to feel strong, sexy, and confident I definitely recommend giving it a try! This scent is a sophisticated & feminine blend of peony, chic muguet, and tender musk.

Men too!
Sometimes I am tempted to purchase perfume purely because I love the bottle! I have all of my perfumes displayed on my armoir and think they added a girly, chic touch to my room. Also worth mentioning, I love men’s cologne! My favorite men’s cologne right now is Bleu De Chanel. I bought this for my boyfriend about 2 years ago (perfect Valentine’s Day gift!) and every time it runs out I purchase it for him again- it is that good!

What do you guys think- do you too pair your perfume or cologne based on your mood and/or outfit choices? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! xx

Shop these scents:

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Love it - I wear mine depending on season and night/day! Just different types of crazy!

    -xx Ksenia

    www.kseniasles.com

    ReplyDelete