Monday, June 27, 2016

Dainty Jewelry Obsession


Personal style to me is something that is always evolving. If something isn’t evolving, growing, and changing then it is stagnant – right? No one wants stagnant style. I’ve mentioned before that I used to LOVE silver jewelry and couldn’t imagine ever wearing gold jewelry on a regular basis. Not too long after that…I started wearing gold jewelry. Not only was my jewelry gold but I liked to make a statement. The chunkier the better! If something was dainty or small and delicate I just couldn’t! It felt so…basic. Flash forward a few years to 2016 and surprise, surprise - I can’t get enough of dainty delicate pieces.

There are a few reasons why I am loving delicate pieces of jewelry right now:

You can layer, layer, layer – 
This is my favorite way to wear dainty and/or more delicate pieces of jewelry. From rings, to necklaces, even earrings, it is so fun to layer them! I have three piercings in my ears and I love wearing three cute little gold earrings. Sometimes I even add a clip on cuff like this one to the upper part of my ear for an added bonus.

Layering is also fun to do with rings as well! I have been obsessing over midi rings for the past couple of years and love to pair a midi ring like this one with another simple gold band. 

For me, it feels more feminine – 
For me, wearing dainty jewelry feels feminine and sexy. There is something about the simplicity of a piece of jewelry that can make you feel a certain way. My favorite way to accessorize to feel feminine and sexy is to wear a plain black outfit (maybe a LBD or a cute off the shoulder top) with a pair of dainty hoops or dangly earrings like these or these. Paired with a red lip and you’re done & done.

It doesn’t over power the look but subtly adds a little shine
This is something I don’t think I used to understand. I thought that simple dainty jewelry just wasn’t enough. It didn’t stand out enough and didn’t make a statement. How could I express myself with a dainty ring? I needed a knockout ring (which, BTW I still love these!). I feel like I’ve seen the light and have crossed over the other side – ha! Seriously though, now I feel like dainty jewelry actually speaks louder than the big chunky stuff I was so obsessed with. You are able to add a few different pieces to one look to really create a unique statement with your jewelry.

What do you guys think? Are you still on the chunky jewelry bandwagon or have you seen the light like me?

Necklaces pictured above left to right: Taylor Kenney Jewelry Thorny Branch Necklace, Love Tatum Pearl Necklace, Are you Am I Tati Clasp Choker 

Shop The Look:

2 comments:

  1. I'm all about dainty jewelry!! Love this :)

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what we call an elegant jewelery! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete