Monday, June 6, 2016

Ashley Sievert Beauty



After a long weekend of moving to a new house my skin needed a little TLC. After a little pampering on Sunday night I woke up fresh and ready to take on the week (if you consider super groggy, confused, and tired ready - the joys of moving!). Of course since I am still living out of boxes it was the perfect opportunity to put to use my new products from Ashley Sievert beauty. 

I received the Mineral Velvet Cream & Mineral Finishing Velvet Powder (both in shade ‘New York’ which is a medium yellow tone) along with the Glow under Eye Brightener and a couple of super soft brushes. First of all, I had already tried samples of these and have been pretty much hooked to the under eye brightener, not only is it perfect at covering up those dark circles (totally needed that today), but it also is a great on the go to cover up blemishes. Read on for my take on these products…

 Mineral Velvet Cream – I love this because it is super lightweight while still offering full coverage. My beauty routine is usual really quick and simple. I generally use a CC cream with SPF, add some blush, highlighter and I am good to go. So of course I was stoked to see that this has broad spectrum chemical free SPF 15. Most days I will still wear a higher level SPF underneath but at least if I am running out the door I know I have some coverage in that department. This product goes on super silky smooth, the name velvet really holds true. 

Mineral Finishing Velvet Powder – I can’t lie, I have never been someone who has used a setting powder in the past. I can’t lie, I didn’t really even know it was a thing until recently. However, I will say that I can totally see why people choose to use powder! I recently started applying it to the under eye area to avoid creases in my makeup throughout the day. I love that this one is oil free and it really helps reduce the shine that starts to happen on my forehead about midday. You can tell this was made to work hand in hand with the velvet cream as they just work so well together.
 
Glow Under Eye Brightener – As I mentioned above, I have been hooked on this one since I purchased the sample. The product is said to work well with olive skin tones, and although I am not all that olive it still seems to work awesome as an under eye concealer for me. Also, I like to throw it in my bag for those pesky blemishes throughout the day, it does an awesome job at covering those up without looking super obvious. 

PS – She is having a 30% off sale and it goes until midnight tonight!! Hop on over to http://shop.ashleysievert.com/ to check out the products!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! Love the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all went good with moving! Velvet cream sounds great, it is hard to find something which is light and gives full coverage. x

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to try the Mineral Velvet Cream! Thanks for sharing!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete