Monday, March 21, 2016

Denim x Denim

I recently go to speaking about the Canadian tuxedo to someone at work and it got me thinking of fun ways to pair denim together. I think there are a few important aspects to focus on to make your double denim outfit a hit.

1. Add layers, or different aspects to the outfit: 
Try adding layers, textures, colors, or different fabrics to your double denim outfit to make it a bit more interesting and so you don't feel that your entire body is covered in denim. Unless of course you like that kind of thing, which is cool too. I layered a high neck feminine shirt underneath my jean jacket to add some contrast & depth to my top half.

2. Make sure your denim is different but not too different:
 I think there are two schools of thought on this. Some people think you should go as different as possible with your denims, but I tend to think it is nice if they look like they are from the same denim family. Not twins, but maybe sisters or cousins. I find if you have denim that is too different it tends to just look like an accident instead of planned out.

3. Add an extra jacket, over top:
You know that look that you see street style stars wearing? A structured blazer over another jacket? This is the perfect time to try this out. Try wearing denim jeans with a denim jacket and throwing a structured bf blazer in a rich tone like hunter green over top to polish off the look. Keep the shoes simple with a suede nude pump like these, or these.

shop the look below

xx


2 comments:

  1. I love your style !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my fave outfits of yours. Seriously pretty, love the lace and denim!

    coffeeslag

    ReplyDelete